1. Don’t do it because you hate yourself. You won’t be successful because your self-loathing will undermine your efforts. You may only end up fatter and hating yourself even more.
2. Don’t do it because somebody said, “you have such a pretty face, too bad… um, well, you know.” Why would you want to do anything to gain approval from a moron who would say such a thing to you or even about you (in or out of earshot)? Such a clod is not worthy of your efforts to please. Same b**ch will say, “your face looks drawn; you’ve lost too much weight.”
3. Don’t do it to achieve perfect health. Losing weight can make you healthier, but it’s not a guarantee. Unrealistic goals are undermining.
4. Don’t do it to sculpt your body into perfect super model proportions. Super model proportions are genetic. What Mother Nature didn’t give a model, Photoshop will.
5. Don’t do it because a friend or family member is losing weight and you’re jealous. If you are inspired by negative comparisons, you will be dissatisfied with the results.
6. Don’t do it because you saw an “article” in your Facebook feed that’s convinced you that you can lose weight easily with a certain product and you can try it “for free with absolutely no risk!” Save your money and you may not realize, until it’s too late, exactly how much money you will be saving.
7. Don’t do it if you can’t believe you can succeed! If you don’t think you can succeed you’ll be right.